Every time that you send out your CV you will need to send out a cover letter with it, whether you are sending your CV in response to an advert or direct to an employer or recruiter.
This cover letter needs to tell the person you are sending it to why they should read your CV.
A cover letter needs to say a lot more than just: 'Here is my CV!', which is all some people seem to think a cover letter should say.
It needs to tell the person why you are writing to them and outline why you are the ideal candidate for the job. You need to pick out the highlights from your CV that are relevant to this specific application.
Need help with your cover letter? Our CV Service can assist you produce a truly outstanding professional cover letter, which will make employers want to invite you to more job interviews. CV writing and cover letter writing are specialist skills which need to be honed. Our CV writers know how to create a cover letter for you that will get you noticed.
Cover letters are discussed in more detail in our Job Search section. In this section you will also learn how to uncover the unadvertised job market through networking. There are examples of cover letters for an advertised vacancy and a speculative vacancy. There are also samples of letters that you can use to start and run your networking campaign. You may also want to see our CV tips.
Is your cover letter letting you down? Learn how our professional cover letter writing service can dramatically improve your chances of securing a job interview.
- Do you want an interview-winning CV? A professional CV service can dramatically improve your chances of securing the job you desire
- CV tips introduction
- FREE Report: Is your CV letting you down?: How to dramatically improve your CV
- Professional CV Writers
- CV distribution - send your CV to 1000's of recruiters at one go - click here to learn more
- Why are CVs rejected?
- What information will you need?
- What should you leave off your CV?
- Selecting a CV format
- General CV writing tips
- Example performance CV
- How to write a performance CV
- Example functional CV
- How to write a functional CV
- Example targeted CV
- How to write a targeted CV
- The alternative CV
- Example student CV
- Example graduate CV
- How to write a student / graduate CV
- Word-processing and printing
- Cover letters