Alec's free advice on CV writing, resume writing, job search and interviews
On Alec.co.uk you'll discover our free tips on writing your CV / resume, finding a job, handling interviews and careers advice.
CV Writing Tips
Learn how to transformed your CV and you'll win more interviews by making employers take notice of your application, even if you face a lot of competition from other candidates applying for the same jobs as you.
- Free CV Review which will tell you about the fatal mistakes that you are making and how your CV can be dramatically improved, so you'll get the interviews you want.
- CV Writing Tips on our website will guide you through how to write a CV that will impress employers, focusing on how to make the most of your skills, experience, achievements and qualifications.
- Resume Writing Tips tell you what information you should include or leave off your CV, plus the different resume formats and examples.
- How to Write a resume provides articles on specific topics, such as how to write a resume for specific professions.
- CV Examples / Resume Examples on this website demonstrate how to set out your CV for a number of different professions as well as students and graduates.
Job Search Tips
There are numerous ways to find a job these days, but which will be best for you? Find out by viewing our:
- Job Search Tips and discover the best ways to find the new job that you want.
When you're making an application directly to an employer or recruiter, you need to include a brief letter / email, which is called a cover letter. This must make the reader want to read your CV / resume, otherwise they may just ignore it.
- Cover Letter Examples show you how to craft a cover letter that will make an employer / recruiter want to read your CV / resume.
Interview Tips and Advice
You need to thoroughly prepare if you are going to do well at interviews and secure one or more job offers. Most interviewers will ask you some tough interview questions and expect you to have a good answer. Please see our:
- Interview Advice to help you answer the difficult interview questions that you may be asked, plus find out what questions you should ask the interviewer to demonstrate that you really want the job.
If you are offered an interview, then you may need to do a psychometric test, either before or after the interview, which may be set by the employer / recruiter. Check out our:
- Psychometric Test to find out what to expect, so that you can be better prepared.
Thinking about changing career or just want to know what options are open to you, then take a look at our:
- Careers Advice which will help you make a decision about which career would be most suitable for you.
To improve yourself and your future career prospects, it's always worth thinking about what training you need now and in the future.
- Training Courses can make you more employable whether you're looking for an internal position or a job with another employer.
Free Reports by Alec
The are a number of valuable reports that we've produced for you to assist you produce a CV, and handle salary negotiations and your job search.