Free resume writing tips and advice
You will find lots of free resume writing tips and advice on our site. Your resume is a very important document; with it rest your hopes and dreams for the future - that next step up the career ladder, a better position, more money, new challenges, etc.
Your resume therefore has to represent the best you have to offer if you do not want to miss out on that job you saw which was 'perfect' for you.
These days employers often receive a lot of resumes for each advertised position - jobs advertised in national papers can often attract hundreds of applicants. So your resume has to be just that little bit special to stand out if you want to obtain interviews. The good news (for you) is that most people do not know how to write a resume and only spend a short time preparing a resume. Writing professional resumes is a skill, which these people have not learnt.
Of course your resume can continue to work in your favor even after it has obtained an interview for you. It can help you at an interview by carefully focusing the interviewer's mind on your good points and on your achievements. Once you have left the interview it will continue to work in your favor as the interviewer will probably reread it before making a decision, either on who should be invited to the second interview stage or who the job should be offered to.
When it comes to salary negotiations a well written resume can help. If your resume conveys your full worth you are likely to get a higher salary offer than you might have done with a poorer resume. So do not skimp on the time you spend on writing a resume as it will probably be a false economy.
In the following sections we will teach you how to write professional resumes and show you a number of resume examples as an introduction to the art of resume writing.
- UK / European CV service - improve your resume, get more interviews
- US / Canadian Resume service
- FREE Report: Is your resume letting you down?: How to dramatically improve your resume
- Resume tips introduction
- Resume distribution - send your resume to 1000's of employers at one go - click here to learn more
- Why are resumes rejected?
- What information will you need?
- What should you leave out?
- Selecting your resume format
- General resume writing tips
- Example resume performance
- How to write a performance resume
- Resume example functional
- How to write a functional resume
- Sample resume targeted
- How to write a targeted resume
- The alternative resume
- Resume sample student
- Resume template graduate
- How to write a student / graduate resume
- Word-processing and printing
- Cover letters