Interview Problems: What Are the Factors That Will Cost You a Job Offer?
There are innumerable factors that can stop you getting the job offers that you want.
In this article, we'll take a look at some of the common factors that have caused job applicants to not receive the job offers they should have received.
If you're not getting job offer yourself, then you need to try to identify the specific factors that are stopping you.
Factors That Can Cost You Interviews:
- Poor preparation before the interview - make sure that you have fully prepared yourself before you get to the interview.
- Lack of experience or skills required for the job that you are applying for.
- Insufficient qualifications or training for the job that you are applying for.
- A weak or limp handshake will be picked up by the interviewer, you need a firm handshake, but don't squeeze the interviewer's hand too firmly.
- Failing to properly answer interview questions or giving vague or poor answers.
- Saying bad things about your current or previous employers - this will show you in a negative light, which is never good.
- Don't be overly aggressive or act in a superior manner - this will not endear you to the interviewer.
- Try not to make excuses for your failings or blame other people.
- Not enough knowledge about what is required in the job.
- A poor knowledge of the employer and what they do.
- Failing to communicate at the interview in a clear, concise and effective manner.
- Showing a lack of respect for the interviewer or any other member of staff you come into contact with.
- Discussing salary expectations at the wrong time in the interview.
Do You Need Interview Help?
If you need help in preparing for an interview, then our Mock Interviews can assist you prepare more thoroughly for an interview, especially when you have one of our experienced interview coaches.
- Want to improve your interview success rate? Our Interview Coaching can dramatically improve your chances of securing a job
- FREE Reports: How to dramatically improve your CV, salary negotiation tips, job hunting secrets
- Need to improve your CV? Click here to learn how a professional CV writing service can dramatically improve your chances of securing an interview
- Professional CV Writers
- Psychometric Test - find out the interview questions that will catch you out and how to answer them
- General tips / advice
- Interview questions
- Salary negotiations
- What questions should ask your interviewer?
- Interview thank you letters
- Group interview tests
- Panel interviews
- Body language
- Interview problems